Simplifying the Process
Our principal solicitor Mark Kryakos is experienced and passionate in this field of law and will personally guide you through the process from start to successful completion.
The Federal Circuit Court of Australia has the jurisdiction or power to deal with dissolution of marriage. Divorce is a relatively simple process which does not require a court to determine why a marriage has broken down. If there is a child of the relationship under the age of 18, the Court must be satisfied that there are proper arrangement have been made for their care.
A divorce order differs from Consent Orders or any other agreement in that the Court does not make any decisions regarding property and parenting disputes. Once a party has obtained a divorce Order, they are able to re marry. If you need to resolve outstanding property or parenting disputes it must be dealt with separately. Please note that parties must finalise any property disputes or commence proceedings within 12 months of the date of divorce. Leave can be granted in some circumstances.
Why Leeds Lawyers?
- You deal directly with our experienced Principal Solicitor from start to successful completion.
- We have built a reputation on achieving exceptional results.
- Each matter is our priority and we ensure that it is thoroughly prepared.
- You are kept informed every step of the way.
- We offer fixed priced services for most criminal law matters.
- We have built working relationships with other solicitors and the Police which results in more effective negotiations.